Located in the ancient Loggetta Guingi in Sant’Andrea Street 58, corner of Guinigi Street, and refurbished thanks to the contribution of the C.R.L Foundation, the Barsanti and Matteucci Museum was inaugurated last September 25, 2013.
The guests can admire an exhibition dedicated to the works and to the life of Eugenio Barsanti and Felice Matteucci, two scientists considered and credited as the inventors of the revolutionary internal combustion engine.
From the scale reproduction of the four engine models to a synthesis of the documents that narrates the birth and the evolution of their studies, from the recognition to the elements that permit to attest the primogeniture of the internal combustion engine.
This permanent exhibition is the only one in the world that shows, in its entirety, the studies carried out and the progress made by Barsanti and Matteucci between December 1851, the date of their first meeting, and the 25th of March 1864, the day in which the Bauer engine at the John Cockeril company of Searing at Liège in Belgium.
The Museum claims to become a point of reference in Italy and the inspiration for the dissemination and enhancement of the genius of Lucca.
The Museum has been entrusted to Segni di Viaggio Agency, which will take care of the ticket office, educational activities and its promotion.
Via Sant’Andrea, 58, 55100 Lucca LU
Telephone: +39 0583 467870
Open every day at the following times:
10:00 – 13:00 | 15:00 – 17:00
Full ticket € 3,00
Reduced ticket € 2,00
Family ticket € 6,00